There are many antique furniture hardware suppliers out there. But how do you know which ones are the best? In this blog post, we will review three of the best antique furniture hardware suppliers in the market. We’ll explore their product offerings, customer service, and overall experience. So if you’re in the market for some new hardware for your antique furniture, be sure to check out this blog post first!
Why buy antique furniture hardware?
There are many reasons to buy antique furniture hardware. For one, it can add a touch of elegance and luxury to any piece of furniture. It can also make a great conversation piece, as many people are interested in antiques. Additionally, antique furniture hardware is typically very well made and built to last, so it can be a great investment.
Tips for buying antique furniture hardware
There are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for antique furniture hardware. Here are some tips:
1. Make sure you know what you’re looking for. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when shopping for antique hardware, so it’s important to have a clear idea of what you need before you start looking.
2. Do your research. Not all antique furniture hardware is created equal, so it’s important to do your research and find a reputable supplier.
3. Be prepared to pay a premium. Because antique furniture hardware is often hard to find, it can be expensive. However, it’s worth the investment if you’re able to find exactly what you’re looking for.
4. Don’t be afraid to negotiate. If you’re not happy with the price of something, don’t be afraid to try and negotiate a better price. Chances are, the seller will be open to haggling if they know you’re serious about buying the piece.
The best antique furniture hardware suppliers
There are many great antique furniture hardware suppliers out there. But who is the best?
We’ve done the research for you and narrowed it down to five of the best suppliers of antique furniture hardware.
1. The Hardware Hut: This company has a great selection of antique furniture hardware, including knobs, pulls, hinges, and more. They also have a helpful customer service team that can answer any questions you may have.
2. D lawless Hardware: Another great option for antique furniture hardware, D lawless offers a wide variety of hardware at great prices. They also offer free shipping on orders over $50, which is a nice perk.
3. House of Antique Hardware: This company offers an impressive selection of antique furniture hardware, including drawer pulls, cabinet knobs, door hinges, and more. They also have an informative blog that can help you learn more about choosing the right hardware for your project.
4. Van Dyke’s Restorers: This company specializes in restoration-quality hardware for antique furniture. They have a huge selection of hard-to-find pieces, and their customer service team is very knowledgeable and helpful.
How to install antique furniture hardware
There are a few things to keep in mind when installing antique furniture hardware. First, it is important to make sure that the hardware is the correct size for the furniture. Second, it is important to use the correct screws and nails for the furniture. Third, it is important to be careful not to damage the furniture while installing the hardware.
Follow these steps to install antique furniture hardware:
1. Measure the hardware to ensure it is the correct size for the furniture.
2. Select the right screws and nails for the furniture. Make sure they are long enough to go through both layers of wood but not so long that they protrude out the other side.
3. Pre-drill holes for the screws using a drill bit that is slightly smaller in diameter than the screw. This will prevent splitting of the wood when you screw in the hardware.
4. Screw in or hammer in nails carefully so that you do not damage the surrounding area of the furniture.
How to care for antique furniture hardware
If you’re lucky enough to own a piece of furniture with beautiful hardware, it’s important to know how to properly care for it. Here are some tips on how to keep your antique furniture hardware looking its best:
– Dust regularly with a soft, dry cloth.
– If necessary, you can lightly clean the hardware with a mild soap and water solution. Be sure to rinse completely and dry thoroughly afterwards.
– Never use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on your antique furniture hardware.
– If the finish is looking dull, you can try polishing with a gentle metal polish.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your antique furniture hardware will stay looking like new for years to come!
There are many antique furniture hardware suppliers out there, but it can be hard to know which ones are reputable and which ones aren’t. We’ve compiled a list of reviews for the most popular antique furniture hardware suppliers so that you can make an informed decision about who to buy from. We hope that this list has been helpful and that you find the perfect supplier for your needs.